Call for Papers für The Lincoln Humanities Journal, 5th special issue
Deadline Abstract: 15. Juni 2017 | Erscheinungsdatum: Dezember 2017
The Lincoln Humanities Journal – Special issue on Strangers, Foreigners and Aliens, Abbes Maazaoui, 2017. EAN13 : ISSN24747726.
The Lincoln Humanities Journal is requesting submissions for its 5th special issue, to be published in November-December 2017, on the topic of Strangers, Foreigners and Aliens. Contributors are invited to examine (a) the issue of otherness as a philosophical and existential condition; (b) the reality and representations of immigrants and foreigners in the political discourse, the arts, the humanities, the media and the social sciences; (c) the ethical, cultural, political, and social ambivalence toward immigrants; and (d) the legal processes (local, national, international) by which people are made to feel outsiders / insiders.
We welcome approaches across a broad range of disciplines such as anthropology, political science, religion, popular culture, literature, philosophy, visual arts, and the media.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Experience and concept of strangeness, the other, us and them
- Diasporas, crossing borders, memories, identities
- Representations of foreigners in literature, cinema, television, social media, political speech
- Refugees, migrants, asylum seekers, outsiders, aliens, foreigners, travelers, bohemians, exiles, nomads
- Globalization, cosmopolitism
- Fear of foreigners and the rise of nationalism and xenophobia
- Politics of immigration, policies, state laws, international laws
- Ethics and religions
- Melting pot, assimilation
- Segregation, exclusion, xenophobia, estranging ideologies
- Social and economic impact of immigration
Important Dates & Deadlines
- Deadline for Submissions: June 15, 2017
- Acceptance Notification: 60 days after submission
- Projected Date of Publication: December 2017
Include an abstract of 200-400 words (in MS Word) Include a biographical note of 50-250 words (in MS Word) The article should be 4000-6000 words, including the abstract, the footnotes and the works cited Include the following statement in the cover e-mail: “I solemnly confirm that the attached manuscript has never been published elsewhere, under this, or another title.“ Include name, professional affiliation, phone number, and email address in the cover e-mail. If needed, written permission(s) from the copyright holder(s) to reproduce any copyright images, visuals or materials quoted beyond the fair use as defined by the Copyright Law of the United States should be obtained by the author upon article acceptance.
Manuscripts should conform to MLA-style guidelines as detailed in recent editions of MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing. Use font Times New Roman # 12. The entire article, including the abstract and the indented quotations, should be double-spaced, and in MS Word. The final book chapter must comply with other formatting guidelines, to be communicated upon notification of acceptance.
Submission &Review Process
Articles should be submitted electronically to Abbes Maazaoui, Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org). Articles undergo a (double) blind review process.