Die Biennial Conference der „Irish Society for the Study of Children’s Literature (ISSCL)“ findet am 28./29. März 2014 an der National University of Ireland in Maynooth statt. Die Deadline für den Call for Papers ist am 9. Dezember 2013. Die folgende Ankündigung entnehme ich der ISSCL-Website:
Children’s literature has always existed on a continuum between entertainment and instruction. Proposals are invited on the overall theme and associated topics in the context of both Irish and international literature for children, and also in relation to print and other media. Papers in both the Irish language and English language will be most welcome. Cuirfear fáilte roimh chainteanna as Gaeilge agus as Béarla.
Possible topics include but are not confined to:
- Textbooks and children’s literature;
- Children’s literature in the classroom;
- Digital humanities and the study of children’s literature;
- Safety and cautionary tales;
- Youth culture and the media;
- Retelling and repackaging;
- The power of the visual;
- Drama and performance;
- The history of publishing for children.
Proposals of 300 words maximum should be sent to Dr. Anne Markey, ISSCL President, email Anne.Markey@nuim.ie with subject line “ISSCL Proposal”.